Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

   What a great weekend.  We went to San Diego this weekend to celebrate my Father-in-laws birthday and  Morther's Day.  We got to start our weekend trip off by visiting our friends in Oceanside.  We missed seeing Patti since she had to work but it was nice to see Lanny and the kids.  We live only 100 miles apart but sometimes we go months without seeing them.  It seems so silly but we only just figured out that we can stop for dinner on our way to San Diego.  We got to San Diego around 7:00.  I knew the boys weren't going to go to bed at 8 like normal but  wasn't really ready to the chaos that would continue until 11 at night. I felt bad but Ray had to fight that battle, as I was trying to get Lilly to settle down as well.  So it was a bit of a late night for us.
    The next day we headed out for Sea World.  The boys have been wanting to see Shamu so that was first on our list. We had such a good day. It was a coincidence that some good friends of ours were meeting up with other people at Sea World as well.  It worked out that we got to watch the Shamu show together, which was great fun.  Our boys were a little tired but they still seemed to enjoy the show.  Ater Shamu got out we got to meet up with my cousin and her family.  Its days like this that I really appreciate the people we have in our lives.  I have good friends and family who care about my kids and get excited about seeing them.  And of course my boys love their cousins.  Nick sticks to Bailey like glue and Joe and James are buddies with Gavin.  My camera died so I don't have many pictures but I have a few of the day and I am going to steal some of my cousins, she takes great pictures so that's not so bad.
Nick and his Bailey, they love their cousins
Lilly Slept through all of Shamu
Waiting for Shamu with Grandpa


Gavin and his little buddies walking through wild arctic


   After Sea World we went home to have a dinner party for Ray's Dad.  The boys loved helping with the cake, as always.  My parents came over and we had a nice dinner.  Since there were two sets of grandparents and a set of great grandparents our children were absolutely spoiled.  I don't even know how much junk they had.  Chocolate galore, multiple pieces of cake with ice cream, then topped it off with root beer floats.  On my!!!! Well it was a celebration so it's OK.   Again we had another difficult bed time but that's nothing we're not used to.

Putting Candles on Grandpa's cake
Cheers!!!!! Lets wash all that chocolate and cake down with a root beer float
      Sunday was Mother's day.  We used to go out to brunch but with this many young kids its less stressful for me to just say at home.  Then I don't have to worry about their behavior in public.  So the men made breakfast.  Of course Ray got  frustrated with me when he asked me exact recipes and I can't recall the quantities that I use because I just wing it.  I know its frustrating but that's how I cook, and he is a recipe kind of guy.  They found a similar recipe and made a nice egg dish that turned out great.  We got to spend the day with both sets of our parents and Rays Grandparents. The boys brought out presents for everyone.  They got me a loving family necklace with a momma and four little kids.  I also got a mug with all their names on it and a plaque to go in the kids bathroom.  It has little cartoon figures of the kids splashing in the tub.  I love it.  
     I can't say how truly blessed we are to have such a great family unit.  We have great friends who we love to spend time with.  I love my cousin and her family.  We don't get to hang out often but its great when we do and I know she loves and cares about my kids.  We have both sets of our parents who are actively involved in my kids lives and I know the kids will appreciate that when they get older.   Rays grandparents were here to share the weekend with us.  Not many kids get to sword fight with their great grandpa but mine do.  And that was just who we saw this weekend.  In a week and a half we are headed out to Utah to see more of Rays family.  Its great.
    I should not forget to mention that I am the mother to four beautiful children.  They drive me crazy and are  going to make my hair turn grey but they are my life.  I am not the same person I was before I was their mom and I love it.  I am blessed with a fabulous husband and a great family.  I hope everyone else had a great weekend too.

My little ones.

The ladies on Mother's day.


James sword fighting with his great Grandpa
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment