Monday, June 11, 2012

The boys are getting creative with their mischief.

     So as the title of my blog states I am raising three boys and their sister.  Well the boy part of that equation has been giving me a run for my money  Each day last my husband came home and asked what he needs to get from Lowe's and what they broke.
    The first day was the door handle to our sliding glass door.  They have been hanging on it and it was breaking for awhile.  Well one good slam open and the handle finally broke.  The next day Ray came home to me asking him to go get a key lock for my laundry room.
    Here is why.  I was cleaning up lunch, which is simply bringing three plates and cups to the kitchen and wiping the table.  We are talking less than five minutes.  Nick comes running in screaming that James sprayed soap in his eyes.  I panicked for a second, and wanted to make sure I washed out his eye. When that was taken care of I had to figure out where in the world James was and what soap he was squirting.  So Nick said he was in the laundry room and I ran in there.  I was astonished at the mess I found.
    James was sitting on top of the dryer.  He had opened our washing machine and thrown a ton of stuff in there; a garbage bag, a life vest, a ton of clothes, some toys and some swim diapers.  He was holding my squirt bottle of shout stain remover.  He had sprayed it all over the walls, the washer and dryer, the floors, himself, and his brothers.  What a mess!  Whats worse is a few hours later when I ran to the bathroom he was up there doing it again.  Luckily Ray fixed it that night. and now there is a keyed lock on that door.
    The next day I had to run out into the office for a few minutes.  (I was trying to order Rays fathers day present)  All the kids were playing cars nicely in the playroom so I sneaked away.  All of a sudden I realized that it was very quiet.  Very quiet is ALWAYS a problem.  I ran into the house to find they had gone through my room and into our bathroom.  They had pumped soap all over the floor, turned on the sink and blocked it with a wash rag. Yes that means there were bubbles and soapy water all over the floor. 
   I decided since the floor was flooded and covered in bubbles I was not going to freak out because we would most likely all slip and fall into a huge mess so I calmly walked them out of the bathroom.  I went to make sure Lilly was OK in her sit and spin and then went off to clean up the mess.  I know the simple solution would be to keep all the doors locked but we are also trying to get the boys potty trained and that is the bathroom they usually use.  I guess Its time to get a bit creative.  Potty training three little boys is an adventure all in itself.
   There are some basics needs I have to satisfy during the day that usually invovle the boys being on their own for anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 miniutes.  On the 30 second side, I have to go to the bathroom.  I know any mom of multiples out there knows its a big no no but still I ahve found no way around this.  It take me abotu a minute to grab snacks or drinks for them througgout the day.  It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to make a meal and have it served.  These things I have found are also a must.  Apparently this parenting thing invovles feeding your children even though they like to play captain desctructo in the house the second you turn your back.    We will have to see how this week goes and what I will have to fix or replace.  Ray is out of town this week... by the time he comes home the kids might have me hog tied and hidden somewhere.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment