Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's day

    Sometimes I have a hard time planning parties and celebrations for grown ups.  I am pretty good at doing fun themed parties for our kids but grown up days I am just plain bad at.  I wanted to do something special for both my dad and Ray this year but everyone just seemed to want to relax.  I am perfectly fine with that.  It is rare that we have a day where we just relax and play at home on the weekends.
    Since we weren't going to go any where I decided to make some nice meals for everyone.  I know how to cook pretty well so that's always an easy fall back.  I decided to make a big breakfast and dinner.   For breakfast we had biscuits and gravy, eggs and bacon.  Plus my mom cut up a bunch or fruit.  I had never made it before but sausage gravy wasn't all that hard, it turned out pretty good.  For dinner we had steaks, kale, and homemade Mac and Cheese.  That all turned out pretty good so the meal planning for the day was a success.  I felt full all day!
Breakfast time!
   After breakfast we let Ray and my dad open their presents.  The boys got my dad the book "I love my pirate papa."  I thought they would enjoy reading it together.  I also got him a new Disney Hawaiian shirt.  I got Ray the igrill which he had said that he wanted.  I also made him a photo book on shutterfly.  Each page gave a different reason why the kids loved their dad plus a bunch of pictures.  It didn't come yet so it was a bit of a let down but the boys also got their dad "Darth vader and Son"  Hopefully it comes soon so Ray can read it with the boys.
This was the front of Ray's picture book.
    We spent the day playing and swimming in my parents back yard.  I know its not the most relaxing day for a dad but I hope everyone had fun.  We also got to watch Polina fisnish up the mural in my dads backyard.  That was kinda of a present to my dad.  He wanted a big picture on his wall in his back yard to make it fun for the kids.

Just a small portion of the wall that Polina painted for my dad.


It's really hard to get everyone in one picture. But here they are!
    Really the main goal of the day is to make the dads in my life feel special.  I love my dad and I knew he was so excited about the mural.  I really wanted to make the day nice for Ray.  He is the greatest father there is.  I could not have picked a better man to be the head of our family.  I know we have difficult days because lets face it, four kids under four is outrageously crazy.  He does so well with them I can't even tell him how much The kids and I appreciate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment