Monday, July 23, 2012

31 years old today

    Today I am 31.  I had a good day.  It was pretty laid back.  I am not one to make a big fuss over my birthday.  In fact my husband has come to find it quite an annoying attribute of mine when he asks me what I want for my birthday and I can't think of a single thing.  So today we had a pretty normal Monday.
    Lilly woke up a ton during the night so that was a bit of a bummer.  I have to admit I was pretty cranky and over tired this morning but nothing too bad.  The kids and I did some water color paintings then went to swim lessons.  The boys are doing so good.   I was really amazed at their progress when we went to a pool this weekend and Joe was swimming around perfectly with no help.  James is almost there.  He tends to swim straight up and not want to put his face in the water.  A bit of an awkward dog paddle.  Nick is a little less adventurous and likes to have a pool noodle under his arms.  I'm sure he will be swimming soon too.
The boys enjoying their swim lessons
   When we came back home the boys wanted to help get ready for their birthday party which is this weekend.  So I decided to make some of the cakes I needed to get done.  The boys love to help me bake.  It s a little tricky because they spill things and dump stuff on the counter.  I really hope their cakes are OK and not missing too much flour or sugar.  We will find out on Saturday.
My big helpers
   When Ray came home he had a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me.  I admit I do love flowers.  The boys and Ray went and got my presents that the boys picked out themselves.  They told Ray that I needed a watch a backpack and some books.  I don't know where they got that idea but that was what they picked out for me.  They got me a pretty purple watch, a great backpack to replace my old red bag that I use for a diaper bag, and Ray got me a gift card for Barnes and Noble.  I am exited to take some time to go look around a book store.  It is one of my favorite things to do.


The boys yelling Happy Birthday Mom with my pretty flowers.

   After dinner I went to book club to discuss Molaka'i by Alan Brennert. Its a nice way to spend the evening.  It was a great book and I enjoyed talking about it and hearing different people's perspective.  When I got home Nick was still awake.  He came out of his bedroom and checked to make sure I was still wearing my watch.  I put him back into bed after getting a few goodnight kisses.  When I thought he was asleep I took the watch off and put it up on the mantle.  He came back out looked at my wrist and asked where my watch was.
   I told him that I as getting ready for bed and took it off so I could put it on tomorrow.  He looked all around and told me to put it back on.  I have a feeling I am going to get a lot of use out of my purple watch considering I can't even take it off to go to bed.
   Ray is going to get me a Sunday from Baskin Robins which I am very excited about.  All in all I think it was a pretty good day.
Who would't want to spend their birthday with these cuties?
 

1 comment: