Sunday, July 15, 2012

It's been six wonderful years


 
Six years ago July 2006
     Six years ago I married Ray.  We were done with college and moving on to our careers.  We had moved up to LA and bought out first home, my grandmothers house.  It was exciting to be married and fixing up the house to make it our home. 
Five years ago, summer 2007
     Five years ago we were trying to grow our family.  But while that wasn't happening as we planned we spent time enjoying each other and our family.  We planned a sailing trip to Alaska with our parents and had a fantastic time.
Four years ago, July 2008
    Four years ago we had decided to adopt.  We went forward with a domestic new born adoption and were on the waiting list to be matched with a birth mother.  It was a difficult time trying to wait to hear a phone call that would make us parents but we managed.
Three years ago, Summer 2009
    In one year we went from a family of two to a family of five.  What a wild ride. In November our first son James was welcomed into our family then 8 months later Joseph and Nicholas were born.  It was a year of struggle with a contested adoption and a high risk pregnancy but we were lucky to have each other and our three beautiful babies.

 
Two year ago, July 2010
Two years ago we were finally getting the hang have having three little boys.  My husband is an amazing man and I don't think I could have made it through the first year with three infants if I didn't have him by my side.  We cherished the quiet moments we had together as they were few and far between.  We faced every obstacle as new parents as a team and our marriage has grown stronger each day.
One year ago, summer 2011
    One year ago we were moving into our new home.  It was difficult to say goodbye to our home but it was exciting to be moving onto a new chapter in our lives.  We were also expecting our fourth child.  We had just found out that it would be a girl.  Most people thought we were crazy but there we were three two year olds and a new baby on the way.

July 2012
Our crazy kids

       Now after six years of marriage we are a family of six.  I look back at our  life for the past six years and I just smile.  I love my husband more and more each day.  I love our children and the family we have become.  I feel like I am the luckiest person to have found such a wonderful man and I know we have many more great years ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment