Monday, September 17, 2012

Small goals for big change - Week 2

Update from last week:

I think I will claim success for my week 1 goals.

Week 1 Food challenge: to have two different fruits/veggies each meal.   I did this all week long.  I can't say that my kids ate them at each meal but at least it was there and they tried some new stuff.  I will continue this except for at breakfast.  The kids are terrible breakfast eaters to begin with and when I offered two fruits with their oatmeal/cereal/toast they hardly touched it and I wasted a lot of fruit.  I will continue to offer one type at breakfast and two at each of the other meals. 

Week one clutter goal.  To clean up my bassinet which for months was no longer used for a baby but instead used for a collecting pot of junk and laundry.  Its pretty embarrassing but when I cleaned it out there was a bag of trash from the last time I had started to organize our room that never made it to the trash.  It seems so silly but it happened.  So now here it is all cleaned up.  I haven't seen the top of that dresser since we moved in a year ago.  And just in case you are wondering the pack and play is not going to live there permanently its just there for the weekend while Rays parents are here.  I joked with him about just leaving it up and having it be an even bigger junk collector than the bassinet.  He wasn't amused!


So week 2 here we go.
   As I said in my last post I am taking these from the blog 100 days of real food.  This week is "real beverages"    The only things allowed are coffee, tea, water, and milk (only naturally sweetened with a little honey or 100% pure maple syrup). One cup of juice per week and wine in moderation.  Its an average of one drink per day and red wine is preferred. 
 
   This is going to be a tough one for me.  I am addicted to diet soda.  I also usually put Splenda in my coffee and tea. So this week its all gone.  I am hoping that after a week I won't want it that much but its very hard when I go over to my moms house and there is a ton of soda.  So I think I am going to make myself some ice tea before I go over this week so I am not tempted.  I don't' think my husband is on board completely. He likes his coffee sweet and he likes to have bourbon sometimes.  We'll see, maybe he will just cut back on the soda.  Also the kids get juice a little more frequently than once a week.  I still have to give James is Miralax in juice most mornings so its hard to take that out.  For me though I am going cold turkey! wish me luck.

My decluttering goal is to continue around our bedroom. I am moving into the next corner which has also become a place to throw stuff to keep it away from kids. So its time to clean up.  I am going to have to find a place to store all of our musketeer hats for Halloween.

And just because I think my kids are adorable here are a few pictures from this week.

It's the Lilly Monster, getting ready for Halloween.

Making her Daddy proud: that would be a rib that shes eating.
We are quite a sight when we take walks around the block


No comments:

Post a Comment